With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- C Adidas NMD Racer Primeknit Mens BB7041
- KKEPO& Ladies shoes Summer Office Sandals Women med Heels Party Sexy shoes Metal Decoration Ladies Sandals Plus Size 31-43 bluee 728 10
- French Horn Women'S Leisure Canvas Handbag For Shopping Shoulder Tote
- Uirend shoes Women Pumps Heels - High Heels Sequins Court shoes Evening Elegant Stilettos Pumps
- Summer Sliver Paillette shoes Woman 12 cm Thin High Heels Sexy Sandals T-Strap Party Cosplay CD Pumps
- Munich Men's shoes, Colour Green, Brand, Model Men's shoes 4160004 Green
- Grafters Men`s Navy Monkey Boots
- Men's sandals leather casual shoes soled sandals
- Scholl Sandalen ohne riemen Filia
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Watercolor Wildflowers Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- KONHILL Women's Foldable Loafer Ballet Flats Slip On Driving Dress Boat shoes
- Circus by Sam Edelman Womens Nakita Heeled Sandal
- White Mountain Womens Carson Leather Open Toe Casual Gladiator, Walnut, Size 5.5
- WeenFashion Women's Open-Toe Kitten-Heels Soft Material Solid Buckle Sandals
- GTVERNH Women's shoes Autumn shoes Women Personality Serpentine Sexy 9Cm High-Heeled shoes Fashion Tips Martin Boots Fashion Boots
- CASSOCK Ladies Handmade Elegant High Heel Ankle Boots Crosscriss Fashion Booties
- AnTuoBsc Women's Memory Foam Slippers Non Slip Soft Plush Fleece Lined House shoes Indoor Outdoor Grey
- PUMA Mens Sf Evo Cat Mid Transform Sneaker
- Ryse Women's Delicate Elegant Temperamental Leather High Heels Pointy shoes
- ZIBEN ZB142 - Boa Closure System Steel Composite Toe Safety Water Proof Construction Working Comfortable Lightweight Combat Work Boots shoes for Men & Women
- Adidas Womens X 16+ Purechaos Fg (6)
- TRIVER FLIGHT Oxfords-shoes Mens Suede Grey
- Clarks Mens CLK-Gilman Lace-M Gilman Lace
- Adidas Men's NMD_xr1 Winter Fitness shoes
- Vast Grey Anthracite-atmosphere Grey Nike Women’s WMNS Zoom Fly Trainers
- JQfashion Sexy Pointed Thin-Heeled Transparent PVC Sandals with Roman Buckles in Spring and Summer
- LL STUDIO Womens Casual Bowknot Driving Walking Penny Loafers Flats Boat shoes
- AmoonyFashion Womens High Heels Cow Leather Frosted Short Plush Solid Boots with Chunky Heels, Black, 7.5 B(M) US
- Globe Motley Mid, Unisex Adults' Trainer
- Ted Baker Men's VARDAH Slipper
- Gusha Women's Pointed Toe shoes Sexy Sandals Heel shoes Matte high Heels Dress
- HESHE Womens PU Leather Shoulder Handbags Hobo Bag Top Handle Bag Ladies Designer Purse
- 1TO9 Womens Flowers Spikes Stilettos Platform Black Suede Pumps shoes - 5.5 B(M) US
- VIC Comfort Flat shoes Women, Classic Casual Canvas Slip On Flats
- Women's Boots, Fashion Inside High Suede Plus Size Large Size 34-43 Boots
- Cobian Women's Nias Bounce Flip Flop
- NJ Women Charming High Heels Sandals Open Toe Stilettos Pumps Cross Strap Party shoes
- Gentle Souls Women's Orly Lace-up Flat Sandal
- Wollanlily Womens Bohemia Flat Sandals Summer Beach Rhinestone Elastic T-Strap Flip-Flop Thong shoes
- Nike Air Scream Lwp Mens Ah8517-004
- BCBGeneration Denver Women US 5.5 Black Knee High Boot
- Saucony Jazz Original White, Mens.
- Gola Women's Montreal Mirror Khaki
- Ruosh Men's bluee Sandals-11 UK India (45 EU)(SS18-PARK-02B)
- Hush Puppies Men's Hancock Low Chukka Boots
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.