With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- Leecabe Sexy Stiletto PVC Upper high Heel Pink Plating Platform Jelly shoes Sexy Lady Pole Dancing Sandals Ladies shoes
- Azura by Spring Step Women's Lawna-Bs Heeled Sandal
- Women's shoes PU(Polyurethane) Summer Formal shoes Sandals Spool Heel Peep Toe Buckle Lace-up Purple Red Green Party & Evening,D,US9 EU40 UK7 CN41
- PUMA Women's Adelina Sneaker, Black Silver, 9.5 M US
- Julitia Men Running Sneakers Outdoor High-top Sports shoes Air Force No.1 Joe Black
- Adidas Powerlift 4.0 Mens Weightlifting shoes - White-10.5
- Wolverine Men's Trivor Hi Trekking Boot
- Columbia Peakfreak XCRSN II Xcel W grey
- Quayside Unisex Adults’ Bermuda Boat shoes
- U-POWER Safety shoes Red Lion whiteo S2 SRC
- Nike Men's Renew Arena Track & Field shoes
- Men's Dress shoes Lace-ups Classic Office Business Leather shoes Comfortable Casual shoes
- Black Madras Leather Naot Women's Tellin Boot
- Women's Summer Cool Sling Back Sandals, 10cm Pointed Toe Patent Leather Pumps, Fashion Sexy Stiletto shoes
- Adidas Originals Men's shoes Adilette Slide Sandals, bluee White, (13 M US)
- H-M-STUDIO New Autumn and Winter Fashion Rhombic Embroidery Thread Chain Bag Black 21 19 10Cm
- Owen Moll Women Flats, Comfortable Hollow Floral Slip On Pointed Toe shoes
- INC International Concepts Womens Fawne Leather Closed Toe Over Knee Fashion
- Running shoes for Women Sneakers Zapatillas Breathable Mesh shoes Athletic Outdoor Sports shoes Men Walking Jogging Training
- Owaheson Platform Lace up Sneaker Casual Chunky Walking shoes Women United We Stand Kentucky Flag
- Luobote Women Bow Flat Flip-Flops Matte Sandals Beach Waterproof Jelly Thong shoes
- AIWEIYi Womens Belt Buckles Round Toe Chunky High Heels Ankle Boots Red Bridal shoes
- BalaMasa Womens Zipper Pointed-Toe Solid Suede Boots
- PUMA Womens Phenom Low Wn Sneaker
- DYFYMX Summer Wild Flat with a Word Slippers, Ladies wear Cool Slippers. Fashion Black, Size 35(US 5)(UK 3)
- Quiksilver Men's Shorebreak Deluxe Sneaker
- Men's Casual shoes Breathable shoes Large Size shoes Casual Tide shoes Personality Men's Leather shoes
- HANBINGPO Women Sandals 2019 Summer Flat Genuine Leather Wedges Vintage Platform Double Buckle
- LAGOA JUNIOR shoes Woman Closed Sandal Valencia Junior Lurex Rainbow B.N.B. White
- Women's Sandals Peep Toe High Heels Flowers Ankle Shiny Buckles Fashion Pump Red Court shoes Evening Party
- Shk Pink Adidas ORIGINALS Deerupt Runner W
- JaHGDU Ladies Womens Striped Canvas Slip On Casual shoes Low Heels Flat shoes Fashion Leisure Elegant Soft Wild Tight Super Quality for Womens
- ASICS-Gel Rocket 6 Indoor Court shoes
- GAOLIXIA Bullock Men's shoes Platform Casual shoes Business Work Professional shoes Outdoor Comfortable Walking shoes
- shoes Sandals Beach shoes Men's Outdoor shoes Lightweight And Durable Multi-functional Sandals Leather Walking Sandals Outdoor shoes (color Brown, Size 38)
- Cat Men's Haverhill High-Top Leather Boot
- Brown (Dark Brown G46) GANT MARTIN, Men’s Ankle Boots
- Grasshoppers Womens Windsor Lace Core Sneaker
- Women's Mule High Heels Peep Toe Slippers Stiletto Sexy Peep Toe Sandals,Black-EU 34=5B(M) US
- Winter Boots Women shoes Plush Decorative ies Plus Velvet Non-Slip Warm Snow Botas,Green,40,C
- BOLUOYI 2019 Party Wear Heels for Women Women's Wild Pointed Sandals Wave-Dot Striped Hollow High Heels Single shoes
- YooPrettyz Dazzling Strappy Evening Sandals Ankle Strap Wedding Dress Sandal Mid Heel
- Bayton Womens Coquetta Bow White Espadrille Moccasin
- Btrada Elegant Women Pumps,Fashion Shallow Mouth Heeled Dress shoes, Comfortable Pointed Toe & Slip-on
- PUMA Women's Basket Classic Metal W Sneaker
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.