With TV season finales airing all this month, expect some characters to come back next season as different people—figuratively speaking, of course. Or, literally speaking in regard to Boy Meets World having two different actors play Morgan Matthews and three different actors play Topanga Lawrence’s father. Here are the six biggest TV character transformations.
Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation
Played by Amy Poehler
One of the most influential females on TV, the goofy Season 1 Leslie Knope wildly differs from the empowering (and waffle-loving) Knope we now know and love. In Season 1, she appears as the female equivalent to Michael Scott, giving goofy hand gestures and falling into a pit. Over the course of the rest of the series, her Pawnee pride emerges as she enters local politics (and makes friendship quilts!) Nowadays, Leslie Knope fits in a conversation with Michelle Obama and Ruth Bader Ginsberg. As she should.
- Pewter Black Nine West Womens Zingy
- RAINIE002 2019 Sexy Women's High Heels Peep-Toe Sandals Stiletto Sandalssummer Club shoeswomen'S Party Boots and Sandals
- Beautiful - Fashion Women's Slip On Wedges Sneakers Mesh Breathable Lightweight Casual Platform Slip-on Fitness Walking shoes
- Women Sandals Pointed Toe Women Stripe 6cm Thin Heel Ladies Slippers Comfortable Slip On shoes Pumps
- AmoonyFashion Women's Round Closed Toe Spikes Stilettos PU Solid Pull On Pumps shoes
- What Do Toucans Eat Women's Lightweight Mesh Sneakers shoes Navy Running shoes
- Brown Leather shoes Man Brogue Wedding Lace-up Business shoes Dress Men's shoes Real Leather Breathable shoes
- Five Ten 5.10 District Flats Bikeschuhe
- Nike Men's Herren Sneaker Air Max Vision Low-Top
- AnnaKastle SoYou Womens Genuine Leather Platform Slip-On Sneakers
- Girls Sandals Sandals Beach shoes Holiday Sandals Wedge Heel Platform High Heels Fairy Summer shoes Wild Roman Women's shoes Bohemian High Heels 8cm (color Black, Size 35 US5.5)
- Ladies Sandals Sexy Thin Super High Heel Cross-Tied Round Open-Toed,
- MVE shoes Women's Open Toe Ankle Strap Flatform Sandal Wedge
- Heart to Hear Black Pink Big Size 33-43 Summer shoes Woman Ankle Strap Flock Thick,
- Bare Traps Womens Yaegar Fabric Round Toe Ankle Cold Weather, Whiskey, Size 6.5
- Cambridge Select Women's Lace-Up Strappy Knee High Combat Stacked Heel Boot
- Steve Madden PComfeey Mens' Indoor Outdoor Fur Lined Slippers (Tan)
- Vagabond Women’s Kasai 2.0 Trainers
- Adidas Womens Alphabounce HPC AMS Athletic & Sneakers Grey
- Hoka One One Women's Arahi 2 Wide Running shoes (HOK-1019278 3973570 8 (PVIN) Poseidon Indi)
- WHHM Men's shoes,Leather Spring Fall,Comfort High-Top Sneakers,Casual Running shoes,Athletic shoes,Personality Travel,Walking shoes,Ankle Boots
- YC Men Leather Army Military Desert Boots Outdoor Training Predection Combat shoes High Tops Side Zipper Securtity Patrol Tactical Boots
- Adidas Men's Energy Cloud WTC m Running shoes
- Hhgold sportsOutdoor hiking shoes summer fall mesh sneakers breathable travel sneakers (color Red, Size 38)
- - Bar III Womens Daphne Wide Calf Over-The-Knee Boots Brown 6.5 Medium (B,M)
- High Heels Woman shoes Pointed Toe Dress shoes Basic Pumps Women Boat
- FizaiZifai Women Closed Toe Pumps
- Skechers Womens Brie - Sparkle Stretch Vamp Sling Back Sandal Sandal
- Easy Spirit Noise 3 Women's Sandal
- Inov-8 Roclite 335 - Insulated Hiking Boots for Snow, Winter - Lightweight - Vegan - Mid Boot Fit
- Owaheson Swing Platform Toning Fitness Casual Walking shoes Wedge Sneaker Women Jamaica Flag
- Cipriata purpleta Black Womens Leather Brogue Oxford shoes
- FINDYOU Fashion PU Spring Woman High Heels Pumps Five-Pointed Stars Rivet Decoration Stiletto Shallow Wedding shoes
- WYMBS 2017 new women's shoes wild leopard splicing square head shallow mouth women's flat shoes
- Clarks Artisan Society Gown II shoes-Boots
- T-JULY Mid Calf Boots for Women Round Toe PU Platform Booties Slip on Casual Buckle Strap shoes Lady Soft Warm Winter Snow Boots
- Lalhaveli Party Wear Lightweight Dress Walking shoes Men's Wear Loafer Foot Wear Maroon
- Nike Lady Move Fit Cross Training shoes
- Converse Men's All Star Chuck CT High Street High Black Road Trip bluee White 152602F
- Sanuk Womens Yoga Gemini Sandal Footwear
- Spring Step Mens Arthur Loafer
- Made In Italia - Carolina
- Adidas Men's Dual Threat Baseball bluee
- Men's shoes PU Spring summer fall New Mens Lazy Driving shoes Fashion Fashion Bean shoes Loafers & Slip-Ons Low Top Single shoes (color Black, Size 44)
- SMYTHE & DIGBY Mens Velvet Loafers Lions Head Motif
Ben Chang on Community
Played by Ken Jeong
While my mind still can’t fully grasp that Donald Glover, Alison Brie, and Joel McHale were all on a TV show together, I am as baffled with Ben Chang’s transformation. He changes from an unstable Spanish teacher to a Greendale student that gets bitten by a monkey and is living in the air vents. Chang’s kookiness makes Seinfeld’s Kramer look normal. After all, there’s something genius about a coffee table book of coffee tables, but faking your own type of amnesia? That’s straight up Ben Chang.
Ryan Howard on The Office
Played by B.J. Novak
Ryan was merely known as the “Fire Guy” and Michael Scott’s crush at Dunder Mifflin in the first season of The Office. Over the course of the series he gets promoted to Vice President of the company, gets sent to prison, becomes a drug addict, and inexplicably bleaches his hair. He went from a second-rate Jim Halpert to an employee that only Kelly Kapoor (and Michael Scott) could love.
Jan Levinson on The Office
Played by Melora Hardin
Just as Ryan became an irrational, comedic character at Dunder Mifflin, Vice President of the company and Michael’s ex-girlfriend Jan Levinson did as well (but even more). Famous Jan moments include her scented candle business, her fascination with her assistant Hunter, and recording a Doris Day cover album. And to think this character transformation began all with a beach trip to Sandals Resorts Jamaica.
Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World
Played by Danielle Fishel
Though most characters change from “normal” to “weird” on TV shows, Topanga Lawrence on Boy Meets World has the opposite transformation. After all, you know if she was intended to be Cory Matthews’ long-term love interest, her name would be Erica or Ashley, not Topanga. She goes from a hippie that performs an interpretive dance titled “Donut in the Sky” to a bookworm perfectionist. Personally, I think Cory, famously known for having a poster of celery, would be fine with either Topanga.
Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World
Played by Will Friedle
Since Boy Meet World’s strange character became normal, another person on the show needs to take that role. Enter Eric Matthews: the cool older brother from Season 1. Over the series, he catches the curtains on fire, hides in the couch, and calls himself “Kyle.” Most bizarrely, Eric appears as a bearded hermit named “Plays with Squirrels” at an imaginary high school reunion. Who would imagine a popular baseball player would transform into this comedic character? But, I’m here for it. The only lasting trait throughout is the everlasting “Fee-hee-hee-hee-nay” call.
Any characters missing from the list? And no, Pam Beesly making better style choices in later seasons of The Office doesn’t count.